Deaf Plus Resources Presentation (YMCA)
Join our 1-hour Resource Presentation for Deaf Plus Youth, created to empower young adults and their families with valuable insights and resources for navigating Deaf Plus support services in Los
Join our 1-hour Resource Presentation for Deaf Plus Youth, created to empower young adults and their families with valuable insights and resources for navigating Deaf Plus support services in Los Angeles, CA.
For More Information please contact Carlos “Jessie” Acosta at email@example.com or call (661) 581-0795.
What is Deaf Plus? Deaf Plus is a term used to describe individuals who are not only deaf but also have additional disabilities or challenges such as intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, or other health conditions.
Who is Invited: Families of Deaf Plus young adults transitioning out of high school (ages 14-22) and families seeking support and guidance. Spanish and Korean-speaking families welcome!
Key Presentation Topics Include:
- Understanding Your Rights and Eligibility: Learn about the rights and services available for Deaf Plus individuals. Get insights into the eligibility criteria for North Los Angeles County Regional Center (NLACRC) and Title 22 services.
- Accessing Vocational and Educational Support: Discover a variety of vocational training programs, educational opportunities, and resources tailored to your needs as a Deaf Plus individual.
- Connecting with the Community: Discover community organizations, recreational activities, and social opportunities that embrace and support Deaf Plus individuals.
- ASL Interpretation and Spanish & Korean language interpreters will be available
- Habrá intérpretes de español disponibles para adaptarse a las necesidades del idioma.
- 한국어 통역사가 언어 요구 사항을 수용할 수 있습니다.
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
RSVP is Required for this Event
Please let us know if you can make it to the event.
OpenSpaces Still Available
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP