COVID-19 Information for JNCS StaffInformation for Jay Nolan Employees
As per the CA State Public Health Officer Order, all JNCS staff who are booster eligible must complete boosters shots by March 1st, 2022. If you have not received your booster by this date, you must complete a religious or medical exemption and then submit a COVID-19 test every week. If you do not get the booster or provide an exemption form, you may not be eligible to work. More Information
The required COVID-19 certification training was recently updated to fit CA compliance standards for direct care employees based on updated information about the coronavirus. This is a one hour paid training customized specially for Direct Support Professionals offering best practices to help protect yourself and the individual you support.
If you completed the COVID-19 training BEFORE January 1, 2022, you must retake the updated training to stay certified.
Register for the 1-hour paid self-study course on Paycom Learning.
All staff who are required to participate in weekly testing must complete the following each week.
- Complete a Covid-19 PCR test at any local free testing facility every Monday. Staff are able to get free PCR testing at our JNCS corporate offices (register first-time, then no reservation required and no wait times).
- Once you have received the results from your Covid-19 PCR test, email your results to CovidOfficer@jaynolan.org. Results must include your full name, date samples were collected, & test results.
Failure to complete these steps on any given week will result in you being unable to work until a negative test result has been provided.
For any questions or concerns, please email Covid Officer Emery, at CovidOfficer@jaynolan.org
Starting January 24th, 2022, Jay Nolan will provide self-swab PCR testing onsite at our Mission Hills branch office. Testing takes no longer than 15 minutes. This test counts your weekly tests (if required). To get started, please register for testing. You only need to register once. This program is free for all JNCS staff, family members & JNCS clients.
Note: At this time we do not have PCR testing at our San Jose Office, but we are currently working to finalizing the approval and setup in order to do so.
Questions? Please read the Support FAQs
COVID-19 Resources For JNCS Staff
- What do I do if I test positive for COVID-19?
- Free At-Home COVID Testing Kits
- Coronavirus Sick Leave Policy
- JNCS Social Distancing Guidelines for Supported Individuals
- Coronavirus 101: Info for Direct Support Professionals
- COVID-19 Toolkit For DSPs
- COVID-19 Certification Training for DSPs
- Choosing the Right Booster Shot
- 24/7 Medi-Nurse Line for COVID-19 Questions
The mission of Jay Nolan Community Services, Inc. (JNCS) is to enable individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other Developmental Disabilities to live fulfilling lives as members of the community by providing support services customized to their individual needs.
Working at JNCS requires unwavering dedication, stamina, and hard work– both physical and mental. While it is a challenging, it also offers profound rewards for those who look past its demands and approach the job with compassion. Jay Nolan has been supporting children and adults with autism, as well as other disabilities, since 1975.
The leadership team at Jay Nolan Community Services strives to assure that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities receive the right kinds of supports and assistance so that they can pursue their hopes and dreams and live to their full potential within the community.
Jay Nolan Community Services believes that all individuals we support have the right to effective means of communication and opportunities to have a voice and control in the delivery of their supports and in their lives. All people have the following specific communication rights in their daily interactions.